Monday, March 31, 2014

Almost exactly a year ago

I posted this on my other blog almost exactly a year ago. In  a lot of ways, my life hasn't really changed that much, except now I go to college instead of high school and  I don't see people that often because I don't leave the house much. Oh, and that talent show performance went great. I did "Some Nights" by FUN and I got a standing ovation, which I didn't know until I got backstage and they told me. Which is crazy. thelife-lizardgirl.blogspot.com

I would do some crazy april fools day prank, but I'm too lazy.

So far, this month is starting off very dreary and rainy. The sky is cloudy and bleak. Yesterday it rained and hailed. I know that rain on easter sunday is normal, but hail?

When I got home after the performance on thursday, I was handed an envelope. I opened it to find a letter and a certificate. About three or four months ago I entered two of my poems into a contest. I didn't expect to win anything, but I figured it couldn't hurt to enter. In the envelope was a letter explaining that I had done very well in the contest and I had won not honorable mention, not a silver key, but a gold key. The actual award is supposed to come in the mail sometime soon. All I have for now is the certificate. I didn't win at the national level, but I did advance to that level. I think I should get some kind of cash reward, but I don't. At least I know I'm a good poet though.

A little while ago, Lois Lowry came out with a new book in The Giver series. I read The Giver when I was in like fifth grade, and it was really great. Probably about a year ago I found and read Gathering Blue and Messenger, which are the two books that continue the story. Kind of. Then, I found the new book, Son, and I began reading it on thursday night. I am about half through with it now. It is much longer than the other three books, but it is absolutely fantastic. I hope that it finishes up the story nicely and connects everything.

Auditions are today for the talent show. I am scared to death because I still haven't decided on a song. I have a CD of one that I can do just in case, but I have been wanting to do one with my Ukulele. I brought it just in case, along with my binder of music. I keep looking through it thinking that the right song will just pop out at me. My mom suggested that I do "Some Nights" by FUN, but I would have to edit the lyrics a bit. I would love to do the song "Finding Something To Do" by Hellogoodbye, but the chords are a little too complicated for me to perform without music. I thought about "Good Time" by Owl City, but I don't care for the song that much. Theres "Who I Am Hates Who I've Been" by Relient K also, but I don't feel like thats the song that I want to do. "Me Without You" by TobyMac is a good one, but I don't know all the words that well. My song on a CD is "Can You Feel It" by Family Force 5. I really don't know what I'm going to do. I want to play my ukulele, but I also want to be able to dance around on the stage, which I can't do if I play my ukulele.GRRRRRF. I guess I'll know by the time auditions start.

Love,
Elizabeth W.

No comments:

Post a Comment